Half Day Wine Trail & Cheese Tasting Tour
This intimate half day Niagara wine & cheese tour is an excursion to 3 family wineries producing very rare small batch wines from unique soil conditions spread out through and up the Niagara Escarpment. We will visit multiple wineries in each sub appellation, Vineland, Jordan and the Beamsville Bench to give you an insightful in depth overview on how soil and growing conditions impart flavor into wine.
In this experience we will also do a seminar on the relationship of food and wine with our cheese tasting at “Zinc Bistro” located in the tasting boutique at Di Profio winery, a small family run craft winery producing very high quality rare wines.
The custom cheese and antipasto platter is a great way to pair food and wine at the same time experiencing rare local cheeses and scrumptious cured meat, fresh fruit, French bread and olives.
To conclude this great tour we will stop in at Upper Canada Cheese Company in Jordan to sample the awesome award winning local cheeses so you can take some home to pair with the wines you purchased during the day.
Our professional guide who has graduated with a wine and cheese degree will help pair your cheese and wine purchases.
This intimate custom tour includes:
- Industry guide who has studied wine & cheese as a profession for a true & genuine in depth experience.
- Limited seating, provide an intimate learning atmosphere for all guests.
- Includes 3 winery visits at award winning wineries large, medium & small boutique hidden gems.
- Learn about grape varieties as we start out in the vineyard then a grand tour of the wine making process and inner workings of a winery
- Wine country antipasto platter for two.
- Explore the relationship of how food and wine can enhance flavors, while learning about different grape varieties
- Private wine tours upon request
- Taste multiple wines of award winning whites, reds and Icewines (rare small batch wines only available at the wineries)
- Learn about the unique settlements and why certain grape varieties flourish in such diverse soil conditions
- Go back in History while driving through rural towns and hamlets, up rolling hills of an ancient lake bed and shoreline (designated a UNESCO world biosphere)
- Learn about the entire wine making process in this 6 hour excursion.
Starting at $89.95 pp plus tax and guide gratuity
Pick up times starting at 11:00 am are customized from Niagara Falls Hotels, Niagara on the Lake and the Twenty Valley
PLEASE NOTE: The cheese tasting platter is not meant to replace a full meal, please see our Full Day Lunch for a full meal program.
We have relationships with all 83 wineries in the peninsula; we customize each winery tour daily to show their unique differences.
This Niagara wine tour is also available in Niagara on the Lake and can be customized to facilitate large corporate groups or private tours, as well as Toronto and GTA transportation for larger leisure groups.
- 13th Street Winery
- 16 Mile Cellar
- Detour Wines
- Henry of Pelham Family Estate Winery
- Hernder Estate Wines
- Rockway Vineyards
- Calamus Estate Winery
- Cave Spring Cellars
- Creekside Estate Winery
- DiProfio Wines Limited
- Flat Rock Cellars
- Harbour Estates Winery
- Sue-Ann Staff Estate Winery
- Featherstone Estate Winery
- Kacaba Vineyards & Winery
- Megalomaniac John Howard Cellars of Distinction
- Ridgepoint Wines
- Stoney Ridge Estates Winery
- Tawse Winery
- The Foreign Affair Winery
- Vineland Estates Winery
- Angels Gate Winery
- Aure Wines
- Cornerstone Estate Winery
- De Sousa Wine Cellars
- Fielding Estate Winery
- GreenLane Estate Winery
- Hidden Bench Vineyards & Winery
- Legends Estates Winery
- Malivoire Wine Company
- Mountain Road Wine Company
- Peninsula Ridge Estates Winery
- Rosewood Estates Winery & Meadery
- The Good Earth Food & Wine Co. Winery
- The Organized Crime Winery
- Thirty Bench Wine Makers
- Vieni Wine & Spirits (B&B)